Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Look Better Naked



All my life I have wanted a six pack, but have never achieved one. After having two kids achieving that goal gets harder and harder. Everyday I try to fit in some sit-ups before kids start bouncing on my stomach. I decided that I needed to work all four layers of the core which are the rectus abdominis, external and internal obliques, and the transverse abdominis. Not only do these exercises work the core, but they also help the hip flexors, spine extensors, hip adductors, hip abductors, and multifidius. If we are always sitting at a desk or driving a car then the spine is always flexed. Why would we worsen it with spine-flexing exercises? These exercises can help the posture and work the stomach and back in a whole new way. A couple of the exercises involve a stability ball or a bench, but if you don't have those then the couch or a chair works just fine. If you are a beginner to the plank exercises then I would start with using a chair instead of a stability ball. Try these out instead of doing the same old exercises and see how your body feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment