Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Vegetarian Week

I decided to dedicate a whole week of meals to the veggies. I am not a vegetarian nor will I be a vegetarian after this week is over. I just wanted to get some different meal ideas and see how it is to eat like a vegetarian for more then one meal. So far I have done four meals and I feel great. Lately after dinner I feel bloated and gross and it really gets me down inside. Now after my vegetarian meals I don't feel bloated and I feel great inside. I really like these recipes cause you can change up the vegetables if some don't sound good to you and make it your personal vegetarian meal. Here is my week of meals.

  • Saturday-Greek Pita Sandwitch: cucumber, tomatoes, olives, avocado, hummus, and pita. With rice on the side.

  • Sunday-Veggie Pizza

  • Monday-Corn and black bean quinoa salad

    This one was not my favorite, but it does have potential to be good.

  • Tuesday-Veggie lasagna

    I changed this one a little by adding mozzarella cheese and I used cottage cheese instead of ricotta cheese and put it in the oven for a little bit to melt the cheese.

  • Wednesday-Southwest stuffed bell peppers

    This one I added mushrooms. We love mushrooms in our house so it gets added to everything.

  • Thursday-Breakfast burritos with rice pilaf.

  • Friday-Buttermilk pancakes with almond syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment